Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A solo duet.

Nights become more blissful,
As the days go by.
I could tell you that I miss you,
But it doesn't mean a thing.
I could call you and tell you,
That the shooting stars are back.

Though, I know you're not going to answer my prayers.

I could kiss your lips,
And you could kiss mine back.
You could keep me warm,
On a snow-filled winter.

Alas, you're gone and not coming back.

I still sit patiently,
Strumming my guitar.
Writing words for love songs,
That no longer mean a thing.
To me, to anyone.
The love light died, sweetheart.
And so have you.

I could take down the pictures,
Of the memories we shared.
It's not like you're coming back.
But this pen is fresh,
and so is its ink.
So this poem will keep on writing itself,
Because I know you still love me.

Tonight I sit,
A former shade of myself.
With an unforgivable smile on my face.
To know you're up there,
Singing this with me -
Makes me never want to stop what you gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment