Monday, July 12, 2010

I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Is this heaven or is this hell?
I can't move my arms or legs,
and I'm suffocating under your eyes.
I feel your stare, but it's warm and kind.
From your big hazel eyes,
Your gaze keeps me safe.

I have to warn you, love.
That there's scars on my heart.
From years gone by,
Too much heartache to handle.
In such little time.

Hold me through winter,
Protection from the cold,
and the demons who haunt us
As our time grows shorter.

There's something you should know about me,
But I don't want to see you cry,
With your gorgeous hazel eyes,
You tell me everything
Without even speaking.

It could be too late,
As I cough up some blood.
I'm sinking, sinking in life.
These tears are remorseful.
Baby - I'm sorry.


I'm walking all the way home
and it's raining this evening.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel,
But the outcome is pure dark.
I stand, breathless - dying.
The sky opened, with a heart-stopping movement.
Selfishly, no longer breathing.
He took me away.

This may not be heaven,
but I'll always remember your eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment