Monday, August 2, 2010

Once again, I beg forgiveness.

The day begins to drag on,
When all you can think of is your family.
And you're stuck sitting at your desk.
Five o'clock can't come quicker.
Tick, tock.
Tick, tock.

Getting out of the car,
Smile ear to ear.
Greeted by my gorgeous wife,
Thirteen years and not a moment of uncertainty.
Her trademark kiss makes things perfect.

Our fort of love,
I climb right in.
Kiss my lovely goodnight,
wishing for sweet dreams.
I love you,
I love you too.

It's all too real now,
As she's crying out for mercy.
Maniacally he laughs,
As blood covers the kitchen floor.
Dropping the knife,
and looking at the bloodied hands -
He knows that this is just right.

Tip toe down the hallway,
With the night-light going in his daughters room.
The silhouette suffocates his sweetheart.
Too small to struggle,
It's all to easy as he takes her away.
He hasn't a care in the world.

As he carries her to the kitchen,
Lays her down next to his wife.
Together they lay peacefully,
Dead.
The insects in his skin, urge him to do the same.
As he hangs himself,
From the rafters.
The family all together once again,
In the kitchen,
Dead.

I awake, sweating heavily.
Panic sets in, but knowing it's a dream -
The heavy breathing eases as I turn for my wife.
She's gone.
Gone, gone, gone.

In utter fear, I run to my daughters room.
She too, gone.
Gone, gone, gone.

Backing into the wall,
With a mixture of fear and sadness.
I sink to my knees.
I too, am gone.
Gone, gone, gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment