Monday, October 19, 2009

Twisted Dawn (part three)

The weather was dark and ominous, mirroring the mood…just how I like it, a smile spread across my face at the thought of it. I stepped out of the Mercedes and ran to shelter. I flicked the rain off my trench coat with my hands and check myself in the windows reflection. It's go time. The weapon of choice was my 9mm; I felt under my coat for the holster, assuring me it is where it should be. The door was ajar…something was not right. I stepped into the hallway, family portraits are plastered over the walls. I stopped and peered at one, recognising two people. My targets.


I creep down the hardwood hallway. The steps I took echoed throughout the house loudly even though I was being extremely careful. I know something isn't right here. Are they gone? How could they be gone? They don't know anything about me, and what I was about to do.

The bedroom is to the second left. Before I turn the handle to enter; I take a deep breath. Air, my motivation. That's all I need now. The door now open, I see my targets lying in bed. I think myself it couldn't be any easier. As I draw the 9mm out of my holster, I am struck from behind. Unwillingly I fall to the ground. The bear-skin rug did nothing to stop my head hitting the ground in a rough and harsh way The gun flies under the bed and I lay on the ground motionless. I can feel myself my mind fading, I’m about to black out. Before I do though, I hear the forceful words of "Hey boss, he's down."

--------

I wake, knowing what I am. There's nothing at all about me that questions it. I am a monster; I am nothing close to human. I am a killer; a damn good killer. The victims meant nothing to me at all. I'd seen them on the train, at the supermarket, at the mall. They knew little of my existence. Maybe a sly smile I could have given once or twice, would of been the only acknowledgement I'd ever given them before those fateful nights. Maniacal laughter erupts from within me. The best of me is the worst in me. They know the truth, and now so do I. I am no longer living life in a shade of uncertainty. I am a force to be reckoned with. My victims were just innocent people. The newspapers can now read 'William Kelly did this.'

"You fucked them over! You're a lunatic! You're not human; you’re shit! A worthless piece of trash. This is the end. Don't bother begging for your life. You have none."

His words mean nothing to me; he is just a man with a goatee. I am the superior one; I am one top of the world.


With a single bullet, he was right. Monsters like me don't deserve to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment