Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Running hillside, and losing miserably.

I never look back,
It smells like disaster.
If we are keeping score, the game is all yours.
I feel your eyes burning me,
Concentration peirces my skin.
Every tree I hide behind,
You can smell my fear.
Miles don't mean anything when you're on my case.
The pouring sweat is mixed with tears.
Running, running, running.
From what exactly?
You're always on my trail.

All I want is to be home,
I'm exhausted, on my haunches.
My slurred speech,
Mixed with absence of strength.
I'm yours for the taking.
Running, running, running.

Collapsed to my knees, finished.
Twigs break under your staunch steps,
Breathing heavily, yet you seem so satisfied.
A final goodbye you give me.
I am no longer
Running, running, running.

No comments:

Post a Comment