Sunday, September 6, 2009

Maniac

The sky, cracked with blood it stared piercingly with grey eyes,
The sky, ominous all the way to the horizon, knows all my secrets.
That fateful day still scars in my mind,
And I am remembered by that, every time
I see my wrists.
And your words,
Your words, they surely kill.
There was no where to run, as the flood started to swell.


A film reel of memories flickers in sepia through my mind.


A mental patient sits in a chair, twitching uncertainly.
A smirk that breaks glass, so evil. It tattoos in my mind forever.
The shackles that once were holding this character down,
Break. Something is not right.
Sepia turns to colour, and it begins to feel all too real, again.
Maniacally he starts to laugh, it sends shivers down my spine.
A pointed finger, in my direction.
As I do nothing, but swallow my fear.


What happened next, is a smudge of reality.
I tell myself not to remember it,
It defined my character, it defined my life.
No matter where I tried to run,
You're face still danced with my mind.
Your silhouette sat on my heart.
I broke down in tears, this was a nightmare.


The scissors you held in your hand,
It reflected fear from my eyes.
Your incoherent whispers,
Echoed through my judgement as I stared deep within your heartless figure.
Before I knew it you had stabbed me,
The blood filtered out of me, I stared to fall.
Maniacally you laughed.
Maniacally you stole my last remains as a person.


I wake up, strapped into a jacket
Strapped into a chair.
A room of mirrors, they all point to the truth;
There wasn't anyone else in the room.
My nerves will be the death of me.
And as a laugh, it echoes down the hall.
The shackles that restrict me can't break.
The white room reflects me with secrets.
That there was no one else at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment