Wednesday, July 8, 2009

UNEDITED pt1 (HELP WITH A NAME PLEASE)

Silhouettes surround me as the presence of unknowing and the feeling of being lost covers my initial thoughts. Everything I once knew, everything I once had has now disappeared. The moon glistens as if it was a new shiny dollar, it holds the secrets of the unspeakable truth. I'm bloodied and bruised and I stare willingly up; but to what? The muffled sound of incoherent speech is directed to me, I think; but I am more worried about how I even got here. Hands bound, I tense to break the shackles of confusion. Fear of not getting out alive strikes me like a sharp stabbing pain.

"What have I ever done to deserve this?"
"What haven't you done?" - The words are pounded into me.

The tall trees shelter the geographical landmarks I may recognise, but I am so dense in this forest I would not know where to start to get out. Laughter erupts from what appears to be an old GMC pick up truck. The interior light is on, and from what I can make out all of the silhouettes are holding weapons. Before I can establish more they head my way and once again, I black out.


~
The next time I regain conciseness it's day light. The tall green pine trees seen to go on endlessly as I see a hill which as well as the terrain I am on, is covered in them. A menacing look as I want to evade capture and survive. The GMC is silver, with a red drivers side door that doesn't match the vehicle. The silhouettes are now people. Two of them to be exact. One of them so very distinctive. He would be about 6'6" and a solid build. He shaved his head and had hazel eyes that were piercing. His ginger goatee fitted well on his face as he looked over at me, he knew I was awake. I didn't know what to expect.

"You're here for a reason, and you know it too jackass." - His voice was deep and bellowing.
The hairs stood up on the back of my neck as his words were processed in my thoughts.
"A reason? Oh of course I know!" He picked up the sarcastic tone in my voice, his facial expression changed, he now looked angry.
"You really know how to piss people off, don't you?"
As the sentenced finished he gave me a damaging blow to the nose. It reminded me of high school, and the days I spent head first in the toilet bowl as bullies made sure I knew who was the boss.

"You keep talking, I will repeat what I just did" His voice seemed to have shaken the ground and registered some movement on the Richter scale.

I sat up, my hands were still bound, the grip seemed to have tightened. The sun was trying to poke its rays through the thick cloud. It must have been about midday, I am sure of it.

The other guy comes over to me, his balaclava covers his face but he is about 5'9" and had brown eyes. This is all I could make out of him as he picked me up. I was unwilling at first, but I knew if I was cooperating, I could get some wanted information out of them. We walked for about five minutes for which I decided I wouldn't say a word. As we walked I couldn't hear him speak, but the words were muffled and I couldn't really hear. I heard profanities and decided not to bother questioning him. Five minutes later we arrived at a river, it wasn't too wide. The water was crisp. The soothing sound of the trickling river rapids going over the rocks filled the air. It was the only sound apart from my mind I've heard in a long time. It was somewhat nice. Though I was in a situation where I had no idea what was going to happen next.

I was thrown to the ground, the five minute walk must of been too much time with me, as I looked up he gave me a look of disgust. He pulled a knife, my heart started beating rapidly. He walked behind me and we never lost eye contact. He gripped my tied hands and cut them loose. My heart skipped a beat then returned to it's natural rhythm.

"Go, wash yourself. I'll give you ten minutes, then you're done."- His words were more than intimidating. I gave him a sly nod then preceded to bathe in the river.
The water was cold. I ran my fingers through my hair as the water soaked my body. It was a relaxing. A feeling I hadn't experienced since waking up last night.

"That's enough. Get your ass out of the river."
He no longer had his balaclava on and he has chiseled facial features. A strong jawline and a clean face. Brown short hair that seemed to be receding. As I got out of the river he didn't bother about tying up my hands.

On the walk back I noticed no tracks leading to the camp. I have no idea where they got in to this area. I tried not to look suspicious with obvious looking around, so I just casually moved me head left and right, as if I was looking to where the birds were squawking from.

Once back to where the big pickup was parked I was shoved to the ground. For the first time in a long time my hands saved a face-plant. I turned over to see a gun directly in my face. The man with the ginger goatee was staring down the barrel of a sawn off shotgun.

No comments:

Post a Comment